EuroTechPostdoc2 for DTU Hosts
The successful EuroTechPostdoc programme has a successor! Within the EuroTechPostdoc2 programme, the universities of the EuroTech Universities Alliance offer another seventy Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellowships to experienced high-potential researchers. Twenty of these positions will be available at DTU. This again gives you the opportunity to establish new collaborations within the EuroTech Alliance, or expand ongoing collaborations. And of course to hire bright postdoctoral fellows to work within your departments!
- EuroTechPostdoc2 is a Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellowship programme.
- Potential fellows have to submit their own research proposal including a Host Supervisor and a Co-host Supervisor from two different EuroTech universities.
- To be eligible, potential fellows should:
- Have their PhD degree or at least 4 years of full-time equivalent research experience and
- Fulfill the MSCA mobility rule, meaning that they should not have resided nor had their main activity in the country of the Host Institution for more than 12 months in the last 3 years.
- The project should be a collaborative project between the two EuroTech universities involved. The best way to collaborate can be decided between the fellow and the supervisors involved. However, secondments or several shorter research visits are encouraged.
- The programme is open to all research topics. Fellows may freely choose a research topic and the appropriate organisations to host them, fitting their individual needs and ambitions. There are no focus areas defined nor used in the evaluation.
- We will be offering 70 fellowships of 24-months each over 2 calls, divided over the universities as follows: DTU, TU/e and TUM: each 20 positions; L’X: 10 positions.
- The first call will open November 30, 2020, with a deadline on February 25, 2021.
- During the programme, we will be offering extensive training opportunities within the so-called EuroTech Postdoc Academy.
The EuroTechPostdoc2 programme is a MSCA COFUND programme, which means that part of the funding comes from the partners themselves. In case of DTU, this cofinancing is partly paid from the centralized funds and partly by the departments hiring the fellows. Below, we give the details per category of costs:
- Salary. Fellows are employed in accordance to collective agreements (AC overenskomst). Based on qualifications, during negotiations the department can offer fellows a higher salary than which is provided by DTU and EU, however this additional cost must be defrayed by the department. The department will receive a grant of a maximum of 1,160,042 DKK for salary for the postdoc.
- Research costs. The research department must guarantee a dedicated research budget of 8,000 Euro.
- This also includes travel and lodging costs for the two obligatory bootcamps and other training organized for the EuroTechPostdoc2 fellows by the Project Management Office. The obligatory training bootcamps will take place at either DTU, L´X, TU/e or TUM.
- Reasonable additional costs and research costs, necessary to complete the project, incl. use of infrastructure and materials, open access publishing etc. must also be covered by the hosting research department.
- Collaboration and travel budget. The research department must guarantee a dedicated collaboration and travel budget of 6,000 Euro.
Please make sure to reach an agreement regarding costs at your local research department before supporting an applicant.