EuroTechPostdoc2 for TUM Hosts
The successful EuroTechPostdoc programme has a successor! Within the EuroTechPostdoc2 programme, the universities of the EuroTech Universities Alliance offer another seventy Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellowships to experienced high-potential researchers. Twenty of these positions will be available at TUM. This again gives you the opportunity to establish new collaborations within the EuroTech Alliance, or expand ongoing collaborations. And of course to hire bright postdoctoral fellows to work within your departments!
- EuroTechPostdoc2 is a Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellowship programme.
- Potential fellows have to submit their own research proposal including a Host Supervisor and a Co-host Supervisor from two different EuroTech universities.
- To be eligible, potential fellows should:
- Have their PhD degree or at least 4 years of full-time equivalent research experience and
- Fulfill the MSCA mobility rule, meaning that they should not have resided nor had their main activity in the country of the Host Institution for more than 12 months in the last 3 years.
- The project should be a collaborative project between the two EuroTech universities involved. The best way to collaborate can be decided between the fellow and the supervisors involved. However, secondments or several shorter research visits are encouraged.
- The programme is open to all research topics. Fellows may freely choose a research topic and the appropriate organisations to host them, fitting their individual needs and ambitions. There are no focus areas defined nor used in the evaluation.
- We will be offering 70 fellowships of 24-months each over 2 calls, divided over the universities as follows: DTU, TU/e and TUM: each 20 positions; L’X: 10 positions.
- The first call will open November 30, 2020, with a deadline on February 25, 2021.
- During the programme, we will be offering extensive training opportunities within the so-called EuroTech Postdoc Academy.
The EuroTechPostdoc2 programme is a MSCA COFUND programme, which means that part of the funding comes from the partners themselves. In case of TUM, this cofinancing is partly done from the centralized funds and partly done by the departments or groups hiring the fellows. Below, we give the details per category of costs:
- Salary. The MSCA grant covers a fixed amount (2740 Euro per person-month) for a maximum of 24 months per fellowship. The rest of the salary is to be covered by the centralized funds. The total amount needed for the salary depends on the experience of the postdoc hired according to the collective agreement for the public service of the federal state of Bavaria.
- Research costs. A dedicated research budget of 8,000 Euro is guaranteed from the centralized funds. This includes materials and equipment necessary for the project and visits to conferences and workshops.
- Collaboration and travel budget. A dedicated secondment and travel budget of 6,000 Euro is to be provided by the hosting department.
- Bootcamps and other training. Costs for the organization of bootcamps and other training organized for the EuroTechPostdoc2 fellows by the Project Management Office are covered from the centralized funds.
If you have any questions on the arrangements within TUM, please, refer to your local Programme Management Office.