For Host and Co-host Supervisors
On this page we share the most important information for Host and Co-host Supervisors. More information and details can be found in the Rules & Regulations.
For the specific (financial) obligations at your EuroTech university, please see:
In case you have questions concerning these arrangements, you can contact the local programme manager directly.
If you have any questions, that are not answered on this website nor in this document, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that EuroTechPostdoc2 is a MSCA COFUND programme, which means that cofinancing is needed from the Host Institution involved in an application. How this cofinancing is arranged in different between the different EuroTech partners. Check the details for your organization following these links: DTU, L’X, TU/e, and TUM.
- EuroTechPostdoc2 is a Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellowship programme.
- Potential fellows have to submit their own research proposal including a Host Supervisor and a Co-host Supervisor from two different EuroTech universities.
- To be eligible, potential fellows should:
- Have their PhD degree or at least 4 years of full-time equivalent research experience and
- Fulfil the MSCA mobility rule, meaning that they should not have resided nor had their main activity in the country of the Host Institution for more than 12 months in the last 3 years.
- The project should be a collaborative project between the two EuroTech universities involved. The best way to collaborate can be decided between the fellow and the supervisors involved. However, secondments or several shorter research visits are encouraged.
- The programme is open to all research topics. Fellows may freely choose a research topic and the appropriate organisations to host them, fitting their individual needs and ambitions. There are no focus areas defined nor used in the evaluation.
- We will be offering 70 fellowships of 24-months each over 2 calls, divided over the universities as follows: DTU, TU/e and TUM: each 20 positions; L’X: 10 positions.
- The first call will open November 30, 2020, with a deadline on February 25, 2021.
- During the programme, we will be offering extensive training opportunities within the so-called EuroTech Postdoc Academy.
Obligations Host and Co-host Supervisors
The Host Supervisor is a senior researcher employed at the Host Institution, and takes on the primary responsibility of the fellow’s stay and integration into the local environment. The Host Supervisor provides guidance on scientific matters in his/her discipline, including challenging the fellow’s academic work to inspire excellence in the research achievements, and counselling on career perspectives.
The Co-host Supervisor assists the Host Supervisor in supervision of the fellow, and will be a senior researcher employed at the Co-Host Institution. The Co-host Supervisor advises the fellow on scientific matters in his/her discipline and takes on the responsibility of the fellow’s research stays and integration at the Co-host Institution.
The Host Supervisor and Co-host Supervisor supervise the fellow through regular meetings with the fellow (at least quarterly) and commenting on his/her Personal Career Development Plan. They provide relevant network contacts for additional collaborations, whenever relevant.
The Host Institution is responsible for the co-financing needed within an application. Specific arrangements for the co-financing differ per institution, and should be discussed with the local Programme Management Office.
During secondments and other visits, the fellows have access to the research infrastructure, resources and materials, and the innovation environments of the Co-host Institution, including support measures for developing careers as an entrepreneur or for promoting entrepreneurial skills. All costs in relation to the research performed at the Co-host Institution will be covered by the Co-host Institution.