EuroTechPostdoc2 for L’X Hosts
The successful EuroTechPostdoc programme has a successor! Within the EuroTechPostdoc2 programme, the universities of the EuroTech Universities Alliance offer another seventy Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellowships to experienced high-potential researchers. Ten of these positions will be available at L’X. This gives you the opportunity to establish new collaborations within the EuroTech Alliance, or expand ongoing collaborations. And of course to hire bright postdoctoral fellows to work within your departments!
- EuroTechPostdoc2 is a Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellowship programme.
- Potential fellows have to submit their own research proposal including a Host Supervisor and a Co-host Supervisor from two different EuroTech universities.
- To be eligible, potential fellows should:
- Have their PhD degree or at least 4 years of full-time equivalent research experience and
- Fulfill the MSCA mobility rule, meaning that they should not have resided nor had their main activity in the country of the Host Institution for more than 12 months in the last 3 years.
- The project should be a collaborative project between the two EuroTech universities involved. The best way to collaborate can be decided between the fellow and the supervisors involved. However, secondments or several shorter research visits are encouraged.
- The programme is open to all research topics. Fellows may freely choose a research topic and the appropriate organisations to host them, fitting their individual needs and ambitions. There are no focus areas defined nor used in the evaluation.
- We will be offering 70 fellowships of 24-months each over 2 calls, divided over the universities as follows: DTU, TU/e and TUM: each 20 positions; L’X: 10 positions.
- The first call will open November 30, 2020, with a deadline on February 25, 2021.
- During the programme, we will be offering extensive training opportunities within the so-called EuroTech Postdoc Academy.
The EuroTechPostdoc2 programme is a MSCA COFUND programme, which means that part of the funding comes from the partners themselves. In case of L’X, this cofinancing is partly paid from the centralized funds and partly by the research units (UMRs) where the fellows will be affected. Below, we give the details per category of costs:
- Salary. The MSCA grant covers a fixed amount (2740 Euro per person-month) for a maximum of 24 months per fellowship. The rest of the salary costs (which will be determined by the postdoc experience) will be covered by l’X central funds.
- Research costs. A dedicated research budget of 8,000 Euro is to be provided by the research unit (UMR) where the each fellow will be affected. This includes materials and equipment necessary for the project and travel to project related conferences and workshops.
- Collaboration and travel budget. The hosting UMR must guarantee a dedicated collaboration and travel budget of 6,000 Euro.
Potential Host Supervisors at L’X should consult their ‘Directeur d’Unité’ regarding costs before supporting an applicant.
For more information, please, refer to your local Programme Management Office.