The call is open to all research areas within the Alliance enabling the exploration of emerging and promising fields and promoting new interdisciplinary research collaborations. Fellows may freely choose a research topic and the appropriate organisations to host them, fitting their individual needs and ambitions.
Examples of potential research areas can be found, but are not limited to, within the Focus Areas of the EuroTech Universities Alliance, being:
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation. Together, the EuroTech Universities cover the entire value chain from entrepreneurship and innovation-related knowledge generation, awareness-raising, education and training of students and scientists to patent applications, international business development and investment in start-ups.
- Health & Bio Engineering. The EuroTech Universities each engage in multi-scale approaches towards patient care and public health, spanning research and development, services, technology transfer and public as well as professional education. Successful applications embrace not only the medical and biological but also the social, ethical, legal and economic dimensions of this field.
- Sustainable Society. Under the umbrella of this Focus Area, the Alliance is embracing multiple, interdisciplinary topics such as Polar Climate, Integrated Energy Systems and Decarbonisation, building on the successful collaboration on smart urban mobility (EIT Urban Mobility) as well as recently kicked-off exchanges on Circular Economy.
- Additive Manufacturing. In this field, the ambition is to bundle expertise and research strengths around the crucial topic Industry4.0, covering aspects such as automation, simulation and new materials and involving external stakeholders of the six high-tech innovation ecosystems in which the universities are embedded.
- Artificial Intelligence for Engineering Systems. All EuroTech Universities are hotspots for education and research in Artificial Intelligence. In joining forces, they have the critical mass and unique joint perspective to deliver new approaches at the intersection of AI and Engineering systems.
For more information regarding the focus areas, click here.
EUROTECH UNIVERSITIES ALLIANCE
The EuroTech Universities Alliance is a strategic partnership of leading universities of science & technology: