More information will be added over time. If you have any questions, that are not answered below, please contact us at email@example.com.
In case you have questions concerning the specific arrangements at one of EuroTechPostdoc2 partners, you can contact the local programme manager directly.
The research thematic is open to all areas within the Alliance enabling the exploration of emerging and promising fields and promoting new interdisciplinary research collaborations. Fellows may freely choose a research topic and the appropriate organisations to host them, fitting their individual needs and ambitions.
Examples of potential research areas can be found, but are not limited to, within the Focus Areas of the EuroTech Universities Alliance.
To be considered eligible, applicants must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must hold a PhD degree from a recognised university or must be able to show that they will hold one at the time of the deadline of the call, or have 4 years of full-time research experience at the time of the deadline of the call.
- Applicants must fulfil the MSCA transnational mobility rules at the deadline of the call. More in particular: researchers may not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the call deadline. Time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention, compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
- Applicants must be able to carry out full time research during the fellowship period (parental leave, sick leave, military leave and care leave are accepted).
- Research direction should follow the H2020 Ethics rules.
Host and Co-host Institutions and Supervisors
The fellowships should include a Host and a Co-host Institution. The fellows will be employed at the Host Institution and work on a collaborative project with the Co-host Institution. Secondments (up to 6 months) are encouraged.
The research is done under the supervision of a Professor or a Senior Scientist at the Host Institution, the Host Supervisor, and a Professor or a Senior Scientist at their Co-host Institution, the Co-host Supervisor. The names of the intended Host and Co-host Supervisor have to be mentioned in the application process.
Four universities within the Alliance can act as Host Institution:
- Technical University of Denmark (DTU),
- L’École Polytechnique à Paris (l’X),
- Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
- Technical University of Munich (TUM)
All six universities can act as Co-host Institution:
- The four above, but also
- École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)
- Technion Israel Institute of Technology (the Technion)
What to prepare?
An application should include the following:
- Research plan (maximum five pages, additional pages will be discarded).
- Prioritised CV – including career breaks and list of all publications.
- Place of activity/place of residence (previous 3 years).
- Completed and signed ethical issues form.
- Scanned copy of PhD diploma or an official statement of the awarding university on expected date of obtaining the degree or official statement(s) proving 4 years of full-time research experience.
- Names of intended Host and Co-host Supervisors.
- Motivation letter on carrying out a cross-border collaborative project (1 page, maximum).